Maryland Locksmiths >
Maryland Service Area >
Centreville Locksmith has been providing timely, professional locksmith services in the the Centreville area for more than 18 years. We provide emergency locksmith services in Centreville and surrounding areas, as well as scheduled locksmith services. We provide commercial locksmith services, residential locksmith services as well as automotive locksmith services. We replace lost or stolen keys, rekey locks, install locks, change locks and provide damage free safe openings. We cut keys on site at your location or at any of our storefront locations. High security and electronic access control systems are our specialty. Centreville Locksmith also cuts laser type high security automotive keys and programs automotive transponder keys as well. Centreville Locksmith is a member of the Allied Locksmiths of Maryland, an A+ Accredited member of the Better Business Bureau
24/7 Emergency Centreville Locksmith
For emergency locksmith service in the Centreville area, call (410) 758-8778 for timely, professional service. Our emergency locksmith services are scheduled on a first call, first served basis in Centreville. We schedule your call for emergency locksmith services in Centreville as a priority before scheduled locksmith service, and are happy to quote exactly what you should expect to pay for emergency locksmith services any time of day or night. We can open nearly any type of lock without any damage to the lock whatsoever. Your call will be answered by a technician with many years of locksmith experience who has knowledge in many different types of locking systems, including high security locks and electronic locks.
Some Interesting Centreville Tidbits
Centreville, Maryland is located in Queen Anne's County. Centreville had a population of 4,292 people, according to the census that was taken in the year 2011. This population represents a 117.90% increase in the population of Centreville since the year 2000.
As a result of the admiration for the French following the Revolutionary War, Centreville was originally spelled Centre Ville. Then the relocation of the county seat from Queenstown to a more centrally located part of the county was directed by an Act of the Assembly in 1782.
In 1792, a woman named Elizabeth Nicholson sold two acres located on a hill that arose close to her outer gate where the road from Corsica Warehouse, which was a tobacco custom house, adjoined the intersection of the main road that led from Chester Hill to Chester Mill. This land is where the Courthouse is currently located.
In 1792, the construction of the Courthouse started and in 1794, the original commissioners of the community of Centre Ville, who were appointed by the legislature, laid out the community on 37 lots that were located on the two south-north streets which were Liberty and Commerce.
Sometime after 1792, the courthouse was completed. In 1794, the first case that was recorded was heard. This is the only courthouse in the state that has been used continuously since it was built. The northern wing was doubled in size and the main building was extended some 30 feet in width in 1877. It is still the focal point of the community with the statue of her ancestor and the green boxwood hedges that are shaded by trees.
In 1796, the building of a market house in Centreville was authorized by an Act of the Assembly. In 1797, the commissioners of the community advertised for the building to be constructed. The Town Hall replaced the market house in 1877. In the front were large rooms for dances, meeting, and plays as well as some shops.
Work started on the Academy in Centreville, and two teachers were advertised for by the trustees in 1804. The following year another school was started. In 1826, the primary school system was established in the Male Academy and was absorbed as part of into primary the school system in1893.
In 1805, at a location known as Clover Green, horse racing was announced by the Centreville Jockey Club. The majority of the horses were owner trained and bred locally. The local tavern owners offered prizes.
In 1640, the first church of the St. Paul's Parish was built. In 1693, the church was replaced with a brick church. In 1831, a church was recommended for Centreville and the cornerstone was laid in 1831. The old Chester Church was demolished and some of the bricks and timbers were used in the new church.
In the early 1800's, the community was a market location for the region. In 1804, a man named Thomas Earle opened a general store and that same year two men named George Atwood and James Nicholson and George Atwood established a grocery store. In 1876, the first bank opened and in 1884 another bank opened.
Centreville Locksmith • Centreville Safe Locksmith • Commercial • Residential • Automotive